Dr. Nasim Ashraf
- Dr. Nasim Ashraf – a US-Board certified internal medicine specialist with over 35 years experience in the United States as a practicing physician – comes from a pioneering cricketing family with a long history in cricket – in earlier years as a cricket player and currently as a board member of the Emirates Cricket Board.
- In 2011 founded DNA Health Corp, a Maryland registered healthcare company with a vision to offer personalized health & wellness lifestyle medicine based on an individual’s DNA Genetic Blueprint. Since 2013, DNA Health Corp has operated a state of the art Health and Wellness clinic in the UAE and plans to expand regionally in the near future.
- In addition to owning and managing private practices in Maryland and Oregon in the United States, he has also been an influential force towards improving global healthcare. Most notable was his role between 2002 and 2008 as a Minister of State and Chairman National Commission for Human Development in the Government of Pakistan where he developed national programs aimed at improving education and healthcare.
- He has believed in adding value to each commitment throughout his career, particularly during his time from 2006 to 2008 as the Chairman of the Pakistan Cricket Board where he successfully modernized the organization, doubled revenue and resources and restructured its corporate governance for greater efficiencies.
- Continues to build a successful track record identifying profitable opportunities, scaling small companies to international footprints and launching for profit and non-profit businesses. His achievements to date include developing a hospital, a chain of dialysis centers and several advocacy-driven organizations with the mission of expanding access and healthcare to the underserved in Pakistan.
- The recipient of numerous awards, including the UNESCO International Literacy Award in 2006, serves on numerous boards, and is a Fellow of the American College of Physicians and a Diplomate of the American Association of Integrative Medicine (AAIM).